1. Before completing this document read Faithfulness in Service, which includes
the code of conduct for safe ministry to children. You can find Faithfulness in Service on the Diocesan
website under Quick Links – Code of Conduct.
2. The Safe
Ministry Check takes the form of a Statutory Declaration. It is a criminal
offence to make a Statutory Declaration knowing it to be untrue in any material
3. You must answer all questions. Where
required, select the
If you answer ‘Yes’ to a question—and where there is insufficient room—please add additional information in the details section provided, extra details can be added on the Additional Comments section at the end of the questionnaire.
- a ‘Yes’ answer to a question
will not automatically rule an applicant out of selection; and
- we do not interpret a ‘Yes’ answer to a question as a charge of
professional misconduct. The Diocese has
a formal process for making such a charge.
- some questions have words set in bold print. These words or phrases are defined under ‘Key Terms’ in Faithfulness in Service.
4. Click SUBMIT. You will receive an email with an attached PDF. Print the PDF. On the printed copy of your PDF, sign the declaration and ensure that your signature is witnessed by a person authorised to witness a Statutory Declaration.
5. Scan and send to email@example.com or post addressed to Confidential to the Professional Standards Unit, Anglican Diocese
of Tasmania, GPO Box 748, Hobart, Tasmania 7001.