1. Before completing this document read Faithfulness in Service, which includes
the code of conduct for safe ministry to children. You can find Faithfulness in Service on the Diocesan
website under Quick Links – Code of Conduct.
2. The Safe
Ministry Check takes the form of a Statutory Declaration. It is a criminal
offence to make a Statutory Declaration knowing it to be untrue in any material
3. You must answer all questions. Where
required, select the
If you answer ‘Yes’ to a question please add additional
information in the space provided.
- a ‘Yes’ answer to a question
will not automatically rule an applicant out of selection; and
- we do not interpret a ‘Yes’ answer to a question as a charge of
professional misconduct. The Diocese has
a formal process for making such a charge.
4. Click SUBMIT. You will receive instructions for your e-signature via email. Follow these emails.
5. You will also received an email with an attached PDF. Print the PDF. On the printed copy of your PDF, sign the declaration and ensure that your signature is witnessed by a person authorised to witness a Statutory Declaration.
6. Scan and send to email@example.com or post addressed to Confidential to the Professional Standards Unit, Anglican Diocese
of Tasmania, GPO Box 748, Hobart, Tasmania 7001.