By checking the box below, you agree that you have read and agree with the following:
I pledge to:
• Select the price-level that most accurately reflects all my sources of income
• Pay in full before the start of the season or pay weekly installments at each distribution as determined by level and payment method I have selected.
• Complete 2 hours of volunteer work , either at distribution or another area of need. Note: failure to complete a volunteer shift will make you ineligible for future CSA membership!
• Accept the risks involved in farming faced by all our farmers
I understand that:
• Distribution occurs on November 5, November 19, December 3, December 17, January 7 and January 21.
• If I have an outstanding balance from Summer 2016, I must arrange payment before my Winter membership is finalized.
• I am responsible for remembering the date and time of distribution.
• If I don't pick up my share in the allotted time, it will be donated to a local food pantry or sold
• If I cancel my membership on or after October 28th, I am responsible for finding a buyer and obtaining any payment. I understand the CSA cannot give me a refund.
• If I cancel my membership before October 28th, I will receive a refund minus a $25 cancellation fee.
In addition to the above, I understand that:
• I must pay in full for any pick up I miss
• I must submit payment on the day of distribution to pick up my share
If I miss a pick up, I will immediately write to Membership@flatbushfarmshare.com
to explain whether or not I plan to continue with the share; if I do not do so, I understand my membership will be cancelled without refund and the balance of my share will be sold
• I am responsible for holding on to all receipts from my weekly payments. If there is a discrepancy between what I think I've paid and what the CSA records say I've paid, I am responsible for producing these receipts to correct the record.
CSA members join with their farmer in both the risks of farming (crop failure, poor weather, etc.) and its benefits (a bountiful harvest season). I understand that my share will vary from week to week, generally consisting of 5‐10 lbs. of different seasonal and frozen vegetables and that there is no guarantee on the exact amount or contents of my share. The shares will vary in weight and size depending on the time of the season.
By participating in this CSA, I am bringing healthy, locally grown food to the neighborhood, supporting sustainable agriculture, building community, and making the world a better place... Sign me up!