Workforce Training Fund Program
Hiring Incentive Training Grant (HITG) Application
Hiring Incentive Training Grant Program GuidelinesHow it Works
Eligible employers may apply for grants of $5,000 for each new hire who meets the HITG program requirements. Employers may receive up to $75,000 each calendar year. Once approved, payment will be available to the employer once the new hire has retained employment for at least 120 days. At a minimum, a "New Hire Trainee" must earn $2,500 (gross earnings) during the 120 day retention period.
Company Eligibility Requirements
To qualify for HITG, companies must meet the following requirements:
- Must contribute to the Massachusetts Workforce Training Fund (Please Note: All for-profit companies and some non-profit organizations contribute to the Workforce Training Fund. To confirm eligibility, please contact us using the information below.)
- Must be current with all obligations to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, including but not limited to Unemployment Insurance payments, and Workers Compensation coverage requirements
- Must be in good standing with the Massachusetts Department of Revenue
- Must not be debarred from doing business with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or the Federal Government
- Must not be a unit of local, state, or federal government
“New Hire Trainee” Eligibility Requirements
To qualify for HITG, new hires must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a Massachusetts resident
- Must be a new employee on company payroll (Please note: Workers employed by a third party, such as a staffing firm are not eligible. Self-employed individuals or contractors are not eligible. Additional restrictions may apply to seasonal workers.)
- Must not be a company owner (full or partial) or a relative of any owners of the company
- Must be either:
- Any Massachusetts resident who has been unemployed for at least 6 months prior to the start of employment, OR
- A Massachusetts resident who is a military veteran who has been honorably discharged, regardless of length of unemployment (DD214 required)
- Your application must be submitted no later than 30 days after the start of employment for eligible “new hire trainees.” Please feel free to submit this application in advance of the start of employment, however an agreement will not be issued until after the actual “new hire trainee” start date.
An application will not be considered complete until your company completes the following steps:
- Submit completed online application (starts on next page)
- Submit a Massachusetts Department of Revenue Certificate of Good Standing that is no older than 6 months via email to email@example.com or by fax to 617-242-7660. Please visit the Department of Revenue’s website to apply for your Certificate of Good Standing. (see sample certificate of good standing).
- Submit a completed New Hire Trainee Eligibility Determination Form for each “new hire trainee” via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 617-242-7660.
- If applicable, submit a DD214 as proof of veteran status, for any “new hire trainees” that are qualified veterans.
If you have any questions about completing this application, please contact email@example.com
or call 617-717-6912.
Please note the application works best when using Internet Explorer version 8 or greater, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Please
do not use your browser’s back button to navigate to previous pages.